Carbon dioxide (CO2) conversion and utilization, biomass conversion, hydrogen energy conversion and storage, and biofuel production, which mainly include:
1. Hydrothermal and electrochemical CO2 reduction into value-added chemicals (formic acid, methanol, methane etc.) with earth-abundant materials;
2. Hydrothermal conversion of biomass and its derivatives (glucose, cellobiose, levulinic acid, etc.) into value added chemicals (formic acid, lactic acid, γ-valerolactone, etc.);
3. Study of the liquid organic hydrogen carriers (LOHCs) such as formic acid for the hydrogen energy storage and delivery;
4. Biodiesel production from waste cooking oils.
2012.4-2015.3 日本东京大学 先端学际工学专攻 工学博士
2009.9-2012.3 同济大学 环境科学 工学硕士
2003.9-2007.6 南京航空航天大学 飞行器环境与生命保障工程 工学学士
2018.3至今 上海交通大学 环境科学与工程学院 长聘教轨副教授
2016.4-2018.2 日本产业技术综合研究所 化学过程研究所 博士后
2015.4-2016.3 日本东北大学 超临界流体技术研究中心 博士后
1. Zhong H, Iguchi M, Chatterjee M, Himeda Y, Xu Q, Kawanami H, Formic acid-based liquid organic hydrogen carrier system with heterogeneous catalysts, Advanced Sustainable Systems, 2018, 2, 1700161. (Invited review)
2. Le Y#, Zhong H#, Yang Y, He R, Yao G, Jin F, Mechanism study of reduction of CO2 into formic acid by in-situ hydrogen produced from water splitting with Zn: Zn/ZnO interface autocatalytic role, Journal of Energy Chemistry, 2017. 26, 936-941.
3. Zhong H*, Katsushi F, Nakano Y, Effects of KHCO3 Concentration on Electrochemical Reduction of CO2 on Copper Electrode, Journal of The Electrochemical Society, 2017, 164, F923-F927.
4. Zhong H, Li Q, Liu J, Yao G, Wang J, Zeng X, Huo Z, Jin F, New method for highly efficient conversion of biomass-derived levulinic acid to γ-valerolactone in water without precious metal catalysts, ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering, 2017, 5, 6517–6523.
5. Zhong H, Iguchi M, Song F, Chatterjee M, Ishizaka T, Nagao I, Xu Q, Kawanami H, Automatic high-pressure hydrogen generation from formic acid in the presence of nano-Pd heterogeneous catalysts at mild temperatures, Sustainable Energy & Fuels, 2017, 1, 1049-1055.
6. Jiang C#, Zhong H#, Yao G, Duo J, Jin F, One-step water splitting and NaHCO3 reduction into hydrogen storage material of formate with Fe as the reductant under hydrothermal conditions, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 2017, 42, 17476-17487.
7. Song J, Yang Y, Yao G, Zhong H*, He R, Jin B, Jing Z, Jin F*, Highly efficient synthesis of hydrogen storage material of formate from bicarbonate and water with general Zn powder, Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 2017, 56, 6349–6357.
8. Zhong H, Watanabe M, Enomoto H, Jin F, Kishita A, Aida T, Smith R, Winterization of vegetable oil blends for biodiesel fuels and correlation based on initial saturated fatty acid constituents, Energy Fuels, 2016, 30, 4841-4847.
9. Yun J#, Yao G, Jin F, Zhong H#, Kishita A, Tohji K, Enomoto H, Wang L, Low-temperature and highly efficient conversion of saccharides into formic acid under hydrothermal conditions, AIChE Journal, 2016, 62, 3657-3663.
10. Gao X, Zhong H*, Yao G, Guo W, Jin F*, Hydrothermal conversion of glucose into organic acids with bentonite as a solid-base catalyst, Catalysis Today, 2016, 274, 49-54.
11. Zhong H, Yao H, Yao G, Jin F, Pd/C-catalyzed aluminum reduction of NaHCO3 into acetic acid with water as a hydrogen source, Catalysis Today, 2016, 274, 28-34.
12. Zhong H, Fujii K, Nakano Y, Electroactive species study in the electrochemical reduction of CO2 in KHCO3 solution at elevated temperature, Journal of Energy Chemistry, 2016, 25, 517-522.
13. Zhong H, Gao Y, Yao G, Zeng X, Li Q, Huo Z, Jin F, Highly efficient water splitting and carbon dioxide reduction into formic acid with iron and copper powder, Chemical Engineering Journal, 2015, 280, 215-221.
14. Lyu L, Jin F*, Zhong H*, Chen H, Yao G, A novel approach of reduction of CO2 into methanol by water splitting with aluminum over copper catalyst. RSC Advances, 2015, 5, 31450-31453.
15. Zhong H, Fujii K, Nakano Y, Jin F, Effect of CO2 bubbling into aqueous solutions used for electrochemical reduction of CO2 for energy conversion and storage. The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2015, 119 (1), 55–61.
16. Yang Y, Zhong H, Yao G, He R, Jin B, Jin F, Hydrothermal reduction of NaHCO3 into formate with hexanehexol, Catalysis Today, 2017. DOI: 10.1016/j.cattod.2017.09.005.
17. Iguchi M, Zhong H, Himeda Y, Kawanami H, Effect of the Ortho-Hydroxyl Groups on Bipyridine Ligand of Iridium Complexes for High-Pressure Gas Generation from Catalytic Decomposition of Formic Acid, Chemistry A European Journal, 2017, 23, 17788-17793.
18. Yao G, Duo J, Jin B, Zhong H, Lyu L, Ma Z, Jin F, Highly-efficient and autocatalytic reduction of NaHCO3 into formate by in situ hydrogen from water splitting with metal/metal oxide redox cycle, Journal of Energy Chemistry,2017, 26, 881-890.
19. Iguchi M, Zhong H, Himeda Y, Kawanami H, Kinetic studies of formic acid dehydrogenation catalyzed by an iridium complex towards insights into the catalytic mechanism of high-pressure hydrogen gas production, Chemistry A European Journal, 2017, 23, 17017-17021.
20. Le Y, Yao G, Zhong H, Jin B, He R, Jin F, Rapid catalytic reduction of NaHCO3 into formic acid and methane with hydrazine over Raney Ni catalyst, Catalysis Today, 2017, 298, 124-129.
21. Gao X, Tong D, Zhong H, Jin B, Jin F, Zhang H, Highly efficient conversion of fatty acids into fatty alcohols with a Zn over Ni catalyst in water, RSC Advances, 2016, 6, 27623-27626.
22. Kitajima H, Higashino Y, Matsuda S, Zhong H, Watanabe M, Aida T, Smith Jr. R, Isomerization of glucose at hydrothermal condition with TiO2, ZrO2, CaO-doped ZrO2 or TiO2-doped ZrO2, Catalysis Today, 2016, 274, 67-72.
23. Duo J, Jin F, Wang Y, Zhong H, Lyu L, Yao G, Huo Z, NaHCO3-enhanced hydrogen production from water with Fe and in-situ highly efficient and autocatalytic NaHCO3 reduction into formic acid, ChemComm, 2016, 52, 3316-3319.
24. Yao G, Zeng X, Jin Y, Zhong H, Duo J, Jin F, Hydrogen production by water splitting with Al and in-situ reduction of CO2 into formic acid, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 2015, 40, 14284–14289.
25. Jin F, Zeng X, Liu J, Jin Y, Wang L, Zhong H, Yao G, Huo Z. Highly efficient and autocatalytic H2O dissociation for CO2 reduction into formic acid with zinc. Scientific Reports, 2014, 4, 4503, DOI: 10.1038/srep04503.
26. Jin F, Zhong H, Cao J, Cao J, Kawasaki K, Kishita A, Matsumoto T, Tohji K, Enomoto H, Oxidation of unsaturated carboxylic acids under hydrothermal conditions. Bioresource Technology, 2010, 101, 7624-7634.
近年来围绕水热法、电化学法以及催化加氢法还原二氧化碳产生高附加值产物、生物质资源化以及液体有机储氢材料技术方面展开了系统深入的研究，在ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng., Chem. Eng. J., J. Electrochem. Soc.等环境化工和电化学领域国际重要SCI期刊上发表论文26篇，其中一作和通讯作者15篇，一篇被ACSSCE杂志首页推荐，一篇被Sus. Energy Fuel选为back cover。